Additional Support / COVID-19 Policy
As specified in the website program review, the 3rd Annual Meeting of the International Society of the Learning Sciences (ISLS) – Building Knowledge and Sustaining our Community will be conducted in person. All presentations and posters will be conducted face-to-face, and will not be accessible online unless authors decide to upload recorded versions to the corresponding Whova session page. ISLS 2023 organizers will adhere to the public health directives set by the Government of Canada and Quebec government, as well as Concordia University, Dawson College and McGill University’s COVID-19 updated information and protocols.
ISLS 2023 requests that delegates comply with the mask guidelines outlined by local organizers during the conference, refrain from attending if they are unwell, and keep up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations and flu shots. All participants, except those who have a medical condition or religious reasons, must have received updated vaccinations and at least one booster (if applicable). While vaccinated individuals in shared spaces are strongly urged to wear masks, it is not a requirement. During meals or drinks, attendees are expected to remove their masks. Our top priority is mutual respect, health, and safety. We appreciate your cooperation during the health and safety process and thank you for contributing to making this event secure for all attendees.
Attending ISLS 2023 in person, we emphasize the importance of wearing masks if possible and consider it necessary for our own well-being and that of others. As researchers, educators, and members of the community, it is our duty to take necessary measures to safeguard ourselves, our colleagues, and our communities as a whole.
- COVID-19: Travel, testing and borders: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid
- Quebec Government COVID- 19 Main Page: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus
- Concordia’s COVID-19 updates: https://www.concordia.ca/coronavirus.html
- COVID-19 Information – Dawson College: https://www.dawsoncollege.qc.ca/covid-19
- Changes to COVID protocols – McGill University: https://www.mcgill.ca/newsroom/article/campus-updates/changes-covid-protocols-modifications-legard-des-protocoles-anti-covid